Partnering with local schools, the Computer Science for Muncie (and Surrounding) Schools (CS4MS+) project team researched, developed, curated, and delivered instructional resources which incorporate Computer Science (CS) into educational offerings, with a focus on the Indiana CS academic standards, and worked to advance teachers’ understanding of CS and/or interacted with their students as a teaching assistant. Although CS student focused, an interdisciplinary project team was sought, with another project focus being to expose underrepresented minorities and females to CS. When Indiana introduced CS into their academic standatrds, CS4MS+ was created to support local teachers in this endeavor. To learn more, please use the links provided to the right to navigate through the exhibit.
- Please review the participant page for a list of all BSU students involved with this project over the semesters.
- Northside Middle School, Muncie, Delaware County, IN.
- Muncie Central High School, Muncie, Delaware County, IN.
- Burris Laboratory School, Muncie, Delaware County, IN.
- Daleville Jr./Sr. High School, Daleville, Delaware County, IN.
- Sciences and Humanities
"The CS4MS+ project was a great and unique experience for me. I always had a passion to teach others about Computer Science and this was a fun opportunity to do so. It left me feeling that I had actually impacted the future of the students and teachers that we interacted with." ~Participating student
Instructor: Dave Largent, Department of Computer Science
Faculty Mentor: David Largent, Department of Computer Science